Frontend Web Developer
We’re looking for a driven mid-level web developer to join us in bringing world-class digital solutions to a wide range of organisations around the world. We make awesome digital products for large audiences with a focus on rapid and high quality results.
Who is Instance? We’re a small and highly motivated team with big goals and high expectations, a startup born in January 2018, we have plans to grow our team effectively and we need your help to do it!
- Developing websites, microsites and web apps in HTML/CSS/PHP/JS on a range of backends (from WordPress to custom Node servers).
- Developing custom functionality, integrations and plugins for our clients using documented APIs and best-practice dev techniques.
- Scoping and planning solutions for the requirements outlined in our project briefs.
- Working with our design team to ideate on new concepts and innovative digital solutions.
You will report to our Technical Lead while working collaboratively with the rest of our team.
We are currently hiring for full-time roles, and freelance/contractor positions when required.
The successful applicant will have:
- At least three years experience working on web design projects independently and within a team
- An impressive portfolio of development projects
- Confidence working independently and clearly interpreting a project brief
- Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS, with a respect for good coding standards.
- Examples of previous projects using open-source platforms, like WordPress or Drupal.
- Familiarity with methods of compiling CSS (e.g. Webpack, Gulp).
- A clear understanding of version control, preferably Git.
- Ability to work with server-side programming languages and databases.
- An eagerness to increase skill level and work hard to achieve the company’s goals
- An interest in teaching basic development approaches to others
Sounds like you?
The role is full time, and we are looking for someone to start immediately. Salary will be based upon applicant’s experience and their suitability for the role.
You’ll receive training to grow in your role, with a great support network from other staff, and our Technical Director. You’ll learn new skills, and hone your talents.
We’d love to hear from you! With your application please send your CV, address the selection criteria and core competencies, and provide some examples of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Talent List
Are you a skilled freelancer? We’re often looking for experienced freelance and contractors to take on some of our overflow work. We keep a talent list of people to reach out to in times of need. If this sounds like you, email us at email@example.com.